Saturday, July 4, 2009

You're a Grand Ole Flag



Today was spent with family, the way our holidays generally are, the way I like to spend holidays. The kids played on the Wii, Mom made homemade ice cream and Dad grilled burgers and hot dogs. The weather was nice enough to eat dinner out on the porch. We laughed and laughed as the dogs ran around barking at the sounds of fireworks in the distance. It was a perfect afternoon.

I saw this flag fluttering in the wind as I was driving out to Mom and Dad's house. It reminded me of why we are celebrating today.

Freedom.

I'm thankful for freedom every day. For those who fought and died to give us freedom, and for those who are willing to fight and die for our freedom to this day, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. A very thoughtful way to begin a new blog. Beautiful.

    Welcome to the CDPB community! Happy photoblogging!

    ReplyDelete